Thursday, November 5, 2009

Split Decision for Freddie

The votes are in and the results are as follows:

* Keep Freddie (1 vote)
* Give him the boot (5 votes)
* Try to get him to change (2 votes)
* Ignore his behavior (2 Votes)

I'm glad to say that my girlfriend and Freddie are talking and working things out. We all have our little quirks and making a relationship work takes time and effort. I like the analogy that a relationship is like a garden, sometimes it needs a little weeding.

I think the biggest factor in making a relationship work is communication. I do believe that most people don't want to hurt or upset others. Sometimes they don't realize that their behavior is upsetting someone else. That is why it is important to tell others how we feel when we are upset about something they said or did. We have to use "I" messages, not "You" messages. Own your feelings and share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment